View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I had a bio once tell me a southern res. I was fishing was to sterile to produce a lot of fish. I asked her what her definition of sterile was. She explained to me that because the water in the lake was turned over 8 times during irrigation season that weeds could not grow. I asked if she had ever been on the lake, no she had not. I offered to take her out for a ride which she declined and when I told her my observations (the lake was loaded with cabbage and I was averaging 40 pike a day per angler that fall) I could tell she did not believe me. Some get something in their head because someone told them and they will not be shaken. I was a little peaved that she would not come out for a ride and have a look, as the lake was very healthy and produced a ton of fish.
Met my fair of both fisheries and wildlife biologists over the years. Some think they know it all and think everyone is clueless. Others who are passionate about what they do and like to explore/look into things so they truly understand the population they are responsible for managing. Unfortunately the first kind won’t consider what anyone without a degree says unless you are backed by someone with one

Unfortunately a lot of the ones with passion get frustrated working for government sectors and loose their passion or leave the latter is their for life because it’s about ego