View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 12:53 PM

Take it back if it doesn't work. I'm on the 3rd season and work the arse off of my strikemaster 10" 40v. Have never had an issue of any kind. Listening to the gas augers out at the slave lake tournament yesterday...I could drill 3 to their one. Just let it drill, don't force it and pull your chips out when you get close to breaking thru, keep a straight hole so you aren't binding. I got thru without an extension my partner couldn't drill thru with his gen 1. Like anything you are gonna get a lemon here and there. I treat it like the piece of plastic it is, the battery gets pulled when im done my drilling, the blade cover goes on, and the auger rides in the back seat. It has served me very, very well, and that's coming from a guy that has a garage full of dirt bikes, sleds, quads, boats, but they don't build the gas augers like they used to and if you want a 10 inch hole thru thick ice you will roast the clutches and weak little gear case of the new gas augers. Just my personal observations.