View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyemagnet View Post
I used it today and it's not too bad, bit of a learning curve to get used to it since this was only my second day on it. It only stalled on me a few times just as it was about to break through. The point I was trying to make is that if you own a "Strikemaster Lazer Pro" with the 54cc Solo engine, don't expect this electric auger to blow your socks off. I can't speak about other gas auers like Jiffy or Eskimo because my Strikemaster is the only gas auger that I've owned. That being said, I drilled 30 holes max on one battery today at Lake Isle and I'm pretty sure the ice isn't much more than 24". I drill a lot of holes, sometimes 100 so I guess I'll need to have at least 3 batteries.
I scored a new strike master 10 inch electric ,never used it when a friend called say they had a new 8 lazer solo gas with extension plus a new 10 extra shat never used still in the box new .So I bought since another buddy I grew up with wanted the eclectic ten inch I just bought . I got the electric on sale and sold it same price I paid under one condition I can use it when I go down fishing. Never went yet this year .we fish together 95 percent of the time.

I have used the same auger you bought, great auger. Now I have new back up at half price that can drill like crazy ,Both are good .Plus I kept my older gas 30 jiffy also almost new to donate to a buddy who needs one.