Thread: Elk Bullets
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio56 View Post
seems a movement to the copper .
If lead is bad for the health why use it over any mono .
Do mono's foul more than PT ? barrel ...
I could never understand the argument that the TSX needs cleaning after 20 shots or so ..
Slow velocity = no expansion ..
Not sure how to ask this , if the TSX is perfect why use anything else ?

I use the partition and TB almost exclusivley, but maybe it's time
The ttsx is a totally different bullet and the one to use ,I wouldn't use a tsx if they were loaded by the case free . A free case of ttsx I would welcome .

The market availability on some bullets has driven the cost up like partitions etc, but I won't change my hunting bullet unless I couldn't find any .Cost of one bullet to kill is the cheapest part of hunting .Target is another game

In the past 50 year everything I used a partition on I recovered real easy,maybe animals are now tougher then 50 years ago .

We have better optics ,rifles ?, clothing ,vehicles to recover ,better tech for reloading ,range finders , Chronos ,more info then ever before on hunting .

One thing will never change and that's bullet placement once you pull the trigger ,So I never over complicate things . My hunting rifle is made for my hunting purpose only so my bullets change very little .

I have shot stuff with the ttsx in another rifle while hunting and there very good .

I use to think the more rifles I had or better bullets always coming out the better hunter I would be ,totally wrong . I wasted so much time screwing around testing this and that in different rifles I lost count off. So really I lost out on the best hunting in my prime ,biggest mistake I ever made . Chasing something that didn't need changing .