View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 10:19 PM

Thumbs up

I am by Edmonton and did a quick estimation back to Florida. You will have close to 2 days of solid driving. The fastest route was the one through Saskatchewan and then the n/s Dakota as you indicated. You have lots of driving either way so the scenary will be up to you. Mountains through Montana or flat prairie the other way.
As for tires you will have paved highways to Manning. The concern will be if things get wet from rain or snow. Especially on the logging roads, they turn to grease really quick, depending on how the roads were built. Even some all terrains struggle when the treads cannot shed the mud. Travel would be very slow if at all. If things are dry no problem. Ideal option would be a coarser all season and a cheap set of chains, return them if you dont use them. I am considering that you have a warm climate back in Florida and most of your travel will be highway. To buy a set of tires just for the trip and shred due to heat and pavement really seems like a waste. But it's also a hunt your spending good money on.
My 2 cents, hope you have an awesome hunt.