View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind drift View Post
Yes, I did. Regretably. There’s no point in me arguing with you. I’m not an expert. Nor are you. The meaningful “arguments” about things like this take place in the scientific literature, with peer review. Where it belongs. Where there’s a process.

By not interviewing a practicing government fisheries bio to try and gain understanding, you reveal that what you want is not knowledge and education, but controversy and views. And to be validated. I’m old and wise enough to know who to listen to and seek knowledge from, and who to ignore.
That is correct. Angling Atlas/MyCatch is doing peer-review science. I have talked to the owner, who is a biologist https://www.linkedin.com/in/sean-sim...alSubdomain=ca and talked to him about how they are working with scientists around North America.

They are conducting research and using methods that are pioneering the new techniques for catch and release indexing, This is why they are being invited all over North America to hold tournaments for research purposes.