View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
The trip itself is part of the adventure, even fishing along the way. On long trips with my camper I sometimes spend the nite at walmart parking lots. There is usually 10-20 units parked there for the nite. Saving $40 to $60 per nite on campsites I go into the store and buy a few very nice steaks for supper.
Hope you have a memorable trip and hunt.
Have done the Walmart thing as well. Cracker Barrel is another place that is happy to have you for the night. They even let me set up my genset in the back down here in FL as it was so hot you wouldn't be able to sleep without it.

I've been wanting to do this since I was 14. I grew up in a small town in southern Ontario (Crystal Beach) and I remember when the older guys would go up to northern Ontario moose hunting, and one year this guy brought back a MONSTER - or so it seemed to me at that age. Ever since then I've been wanting to do this. But life kept getting in the way (kids & college, work, etc.). Now this is my one shot at it - and I want to make the most of it. Yeah it's going to be expensive, but it'll be worth it. I've been planning this for 3 years.