View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
I spun out on a hill with a load of cows because I had singles on my dually. I went to town on the following Monday and bought a set of triples. They're still brand new in the pail and you're welcome to borrow them (I'm not far off of your path).

When it gets closer to go time, I'm sure some of the good folks on this forum would be willing to put you up for a night to save some travel costs.

I'm really happy to hear that you're in it for the whole experience. I can't believe the guys who tag out on day 2 of a $25k hunt and then spend thousands of dollars rearranging flights to get home early.
Thank you Gerry for that really kind offer! I'm looking at triples right now. The size tires I have are 245/75/R17. We're going to be moving up to the mountains of N. Georgia where they get snow and cold. I noticed that my truck is really bad in snow and ice, probably because the rear end is so light, so I'm thinking that at some point in time I'll need the triples. Pay once, cry once but get the right tool for the job.

If I tag out early, I'm going go find a fishin' hole and drown me a bunch of worms! I'm not going home early. Way too much stuff to do - including lookin' fer a wolf!