View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
over 65 all you need is proof of age. I just carry my drivers license when I fish, seeing as I drive there anyways
Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
That's what I'm saying Wayne, at the AFGA there was discussion about implementing a Senior's license. I could see how Gov't would actually like to know how many seniors are fishing. Canuck Tire or Cabela's probably don't want to issue them for free
I have a fishing license that expired three years ago. It shows yours birthdate. I use that as proof of age. Nothing says I have to have photo ID in order to fish in this country.

AFGA is not the government and it's not in their mandate to recommend fees and or licensing. What would compel the AFGA to act on this? Maybe it's about the miniscule amount of money that the government could wring out of seniors or the ever increasing overwatch on everything we do. So I have to ask, why would the AFGA bring this to the government?

Quote:
Headquartered in Edmonton, The AFGA is one of Alberta’s older associations and charities having existed since 1908 and registered since 1946. It’s a federation model with club members in six zones across the province, and promotes through education, advocacy, and programs, the conservation and utilization of fish and wildlife and their habitat.