View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
What country is Quebec in ? Last time I looked they were part of Canada.

Lets get something straight here, I do not support the Liberals. I used the term relaxed to describe the heating oil situation in the Atlantic provinces, some call it a retreat, you call it postponed. I think you got the point but want to be argumentative.

Explain to me how Atlantic Canada pays equal taxation to heat their homes than we do in west ? They don't because the carbon tax on heating oils was "postponed" so it does not apply to their heating bills. So how can this tax be linear ? Another example would be myself, I live rural and consume more gasoline than many who live in the city. Some of these city people live in apartments, don't have cars and their utilities are included in rent. Guess what, they receive rebates most likely greater than the direct cost of this carbon tax. Where is this linear to my situation ?

Yes the increase in the carbon tax is set per ton, but the effects to individuals is not linear period.

Have a good one.
As I said, how does a provincial policy effect Canadians? What did QC’s carbon tax of 07 effect you? Assuming you were in AB in 2007? So why do we need a plan to replace the carbon tax that didn’t exist in 2015?

Linear has nothing to do with anything. Its a consumption tax. You consume carbon, you pay, then justin sends cheques to leeches and the ill-informed and they think its a wonderful idea. Where did you ever think you got reimbursed on your consumption? It was never revenue neutral, that is just what you LPC pamphlets said.

So Atlantic Canada pays exactly the same amount to heat their homes as us. So if you are in Nova Scotia and use NG you pay the same carbon tax as an Albertan heating with NG. Now if you use heating oil in Newfoundland you pay the same carbon tax as an Albertan heating their house with heating oil; which currently is 0 until after the 2025 election. It just so happens that 85% of heating oil consumed in Canada is used on the east coast by leeches that vote for bribes. If you want to reduce your carbon tax convert your furnace to heating oil, you won’t have to pay carbon tax on it either.