View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
My 2002 Honda Foreman, manual shift, full time 4x4, is still going strong. I keep it mostly because it JUST fits in the box with the canopy on. I would have switched to the independent suspension ones for the better ride, but they are too tall to fit with the canopy on. My existing one plows driveway all winter,, and has since I bought it new. It really only gets used out hunting if we have a recovery, so the ride really isn't the biggest deal.

For plowing, a better system for engaging reverse, which I use a lot at this house, not so much the old place that had a long driveway and parking pad, and an automatic transmission would be great. A fuller featured plow, versus the fully manual Warn that is now 22 years old and still going strong, would be a nice upgrade too. As I get older, convenience is more and more important. I might actually buy something just for plowing to get those convenience features, and keep the Honda just for hunting.
On your left shifter there are two cables. One goes to the brake, the other engages the switch for the reverse. Tighten the cable that's not the brake just enough, and you don't have to hit the brake and push the red button to shift into reverse.
Be careful though, as if you blow past neutral, you'll be in reverse.
Not sure how you could blow past neutral, but I guess it could happen.
I did the same thing on my DCT. No more button.
With that one blowing past neutral is not an issue, as you have to be completely stopped to go into reverse.

Last edited by CBintheNorth; 03-22-2024 at 08:16 PM.