View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer man View Post
I'm sorry but if some random person came up to me at the range and asked to use my shotgun for a few rounds, the answer would be a solid no. Just like I would not let a stranger shoot over my dogs.
At the four clubs that I have belonged to, a new person doesn't even have to ask, multiple members will offer the use of their shotguns for a few stations. If I know that a new person is coming out, I offer them the use of my SX-3. My SX-3 has likely fired 500 rounds in other people's hands. I typically shoot 28 gauge or 410 myself, so my primary skeet gun doesn't get loaned out. My first couple of rounds of skeet in the 1980s,were fired with an 1100 skeet, the next couple with a Citori skeet, loaned to me by club members. It's not like the shotgun is going anywhere, it is being used right in front of the owner.
Of course there are people that also feel as you do, but there are always a few of us regulars willing to help out a new shooter, by letting them try our shotguns. It's our way of promoting the sport, and attracting new club members.

Quote:
And that is why we have choices , it is your choice.
Cat
Exactly, your gun, your dog, your choice.