View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclerj View Post
Agree completely.

Wedge Pond was also a lot of fun when it was stocked, but it hasn't been stocked for a while and the water level is much too low now.

I particularily liked the zero limit on Grayling in those ponds. I fished Wedge until it froze over and could still catch some. The bucket brigades deplete the other ponds pretty quickly.
Alberta F&W used to use a lake (pond) near Canmore for Grayling eggs and milt, for their Grayling stocking program. I’d take the water temperature daily while doing my morning dog walk from ice-out to early May, and keep a Trout Unlimited biologist/coordinator informed. When the temp reached 10C, she’d let F & W know, and they’d come up with a truck, tent/tarps, tanks, set up nets and start ‘stripping’ grayling of their milt & eggs. TU had a contact list of a few locals from their local chapter who could also show up and catch fish to turn over to the F & W people to ‘milk’ and return to the pond. The last year I have photographs of this are from 2009. I don’t know if it continued past then.