View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
It’s fiction to think we have the leverage in a separation.

Canada does own the national parks. The land IS NOT owned by Alberta.

A. Ownership
The Government of Canada is the owner of the property by virtue of the British North America Act (1867). In 1998, the Parks Canada Agency Act established the Parks Canada Agency to operate and manage Canada’s national historic sites and national parks, under the direction of a Chief Executive Officer reporting to the Parliament of Canada through a Minister nominated by the Prime Minister.

Your expectation is that Alberta can stomp their feet and whine and blockage to get their way doesn’t fly. International agreements for access will be obeyed and not flip flopped on… because in the reciprocal Alberta would be royally hooped.

If we waste our time chasing a true separation it will be time wasted. If we seek expanded power like and even better than Quebec including better financial obligations… it would be a huge win. Tack on better representation in Parliament… best case scenario.

There is no way in heck that we can be better off over all as a separate isolated and land locked nation that is butting heads as you want to do.

Never happen and no… there would be no air lifting FN out of reserves. You are in a dream land.
We have as much leverage as the rest of Canada would have. That is not fiction that is reality. Any leverage they have we would have. Maybe I haven’t thought of everything though; so what leverage would Canada have that we don’t?

I haven’t found anything stating the federal government owns the lands of national parks. I have read they operate them with the help and approval of the provinces. They own the monuments and infrastructure but not the land. By no means am I an expert here though. Feel free to educate me.

I never said we blockade, I said we have the ability to isolate Canada from itself it tried to isolate us. Funny how you say that we can’t cause transportation issues because of these international treaties. Then in the next paragraph you speak of all the problems of a landlocked nation. Is there agreements or not?

Speaking of a landlocked nation. We would be much better off as a landlocked country than a landlocked province. As a country we will keep our funds and can’t be controlled by the Laurentian elite. I mean what are they gonna do, block pipelines? Boy I would hate if that were to happen. We would be so much better off.

If the reserves vote to stay within Canada and we secure our borders, air-lifting may be the only option depending on our visa and passport requirements.

Once again though, we can talk about trivial hurdles that could and would be negotiated and settled upon; but is rather irrelevant at this juncture. So for the third time can you give me any reasons why we are better off staying in Canada? Besides apathy, fear, convenience, or mislead patriotism.