View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 09:30 AM

I do no wade into the General Discussion folder often but this topic was of interest to me. Just thought I would add this piece from an Edmonton Journal article, originally from April 9th.

"City police on Monday announced the seizure of 185 weapons from 5 Star Gift and Smoke Shop near 105 Street and 107 Avenue on April 4. Police say they seized 100 large canisters of bear spray, 30 butterfly knives, 20 pairs of brass knuckles, 20 canisters of small hand-held bear spray, five flashlight-style Tasers, illicit tobacco, and a controlled substance, believed to be khat, for the purpose of trafficking."

Sounds like a shady business owner exploiting people's fears and creating harm in doing so. The unfortunate thing is these items will likely be for sale down the street. Desperate people do desperate things. Also of note, while switchblades were not sold nor found butterfly knives are also prohibited in Canada.

This is the article of you are interested in reading it:
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...bby-for-change

I promote environmental conservation.