View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 12:03 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
How many seconds? If you are going to try and justify something, at least try to be somewhat realistic. You will lose several seconds to properly install two ear plugs, get both hands back on your rifle, and aim to shoot. Even a few seconds will lose you opportunities in the field, especially at close range, or where animals cross openings in cover.
Good job being pedantic. I don't know how physically disabled you are that putting in earplugs takes you that long. I can do it with my offhand while still looking down the scope. If you're staring down openings in cover, you could already have them in. There's this crazy thing called 'intuition', if i see an animal and am putting on a stalk i can reasonably guess I'm going to be taking a shot and put the earplugs in beforehand. If its a quick encounter I don't mind risking the 1 or 2 seconds it takes to put them in before a shot. If it costs me, oh well, not the end of the world, means I get to keep hunting. But you have fun being that guy nobody likes who always has to say 'WHAT' to everything in twenty years.

Last edited by Dubz337; 04-17-2024 at 12:16 PM.