View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackenzie280 View Post
My issue is the sheep farmers have two huge dogs, for flock protection I am told. I run trail cameras year round have have numerous pictures of these two dogs at my baits and chasing animals.

The local F&W officers seem not interested in getting involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
From the Sask. Wildlife Regulations

19(1) Subject to subsection (2.1), no person shall use a dog for hunting big game or wild boar or permit a dog accustomed to pursuing big game or wild boar to run at large in a locality where big game is usually found.

(2) Any dog found chasing big game may be killed by any person without incurring any liability
The law looks pretty clear on this situation. It makes me wonder why the local F&W officers were unable, or unwilling, to offer any advice. They could have easily cleared up any confusion for both the OP, and the dog owner.

Once upon a time, uniformed professionals were expected to know the laws they were paid to enforce.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell