View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 09:36 PM

I second the elk nut app. Save your money and listen to YouTube and podcasts and stream the elk nut tutorials and practice practice practice. It’s a long game. I’ve been practicing for 3 seasons and just finally starting to be able to do make some vocalization’s that would cause me to inhale the reed and choke when I first started. I was a little flabbergasted learning the calls and their meanings. To be honest a little skeptical but after spending three hunting seasons diving into elk hunting head first i am a believer after hearing the sounds in the forest. I have heard them use the different calls in action and gone from blowing opportunities with the wrong calls to salvaging blown opportunities by telling the elk what they wanted to hear to come back in for a second look.

Turns out it’s not magic they actually have a language and social hierarchy.

I also agree that on the right day a hunter can do no wrong and the elk can be “suicidal” but more often than not the opposite can be true and they make no noise so knowing what to say and in what scenario can save your limited opportunities during those tough days.

Buy your wife a nice present because you’re gonna annoy the hell out of her diving into this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk