View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 09:53 PM

My '22 has 46k on it and is up for sale. It's a nice truck, but I never got anywhere near the mileage others rave about (4" lift and the lightest 33" AT tires I could find). It struggles mightily with any additional load and has a tiny fuel tank. I went up to Baker's Narrows Lodge a couple of weeks ago and couldn't even make it from Prince Albert to Flin Flon on a tank towing a 4,000lb trailer. I was fed up with the range anxiety after the first season I owned it and ordered a H.O. PowerStroke F-350 to replace it.

I still get asked about it a lot. I tell people it's a good truck for people that think they need a truck, but really probably don't. In a half ton truck I'd agree gas is a better bet given current fuel prices and the fact the 3.0 doesn't like working anyways (I got 8 mpg towing the trailer back from Flin Flon to Grande Prairie into a strong headwind). I did buy my wife a 2024 Tahoe with the 3.0 Duramax. I think it makes more sense in that application, although I often wonder if I should have just went gas. If you want a diesel because you need to tow, get a real diesel. Sorry to rain on the parade.

Last edited by AlbertanGP; 04-18-2024 at 10:06 PM.