View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 10:36 AM

Trouble with deer hunting is very soon after season opener the deer go nocternal to feed.

Many times on a full moon in November when there was snow on the ground I have driven to my hunting spot and saw a shadow it was so bright!

I would be a full hour before daylight, and you could see a mouse on the snow in a field. No Deer, as they had already worked their way into the bush out of the field.

Learn to rattle and call. GO into the bush cover that the deer are trailing into from the fields. Find a cross fence area in the bush that gives line of sight of a couple hundred yards in each direction, use cover scents, and sit for a good couple hours morning and evening. Pay attention to the downwind shooting lanes.

You will be surprised how close to the field you can be. Often going in a couple hundred yards into the bush is all you need. Deer move around in cover all day long. The Fields are empty up to last light and often well after last light, thanks to the guys using a truck blind.

If you want to walk the bush, it really is tough as you have to walk into the wind, and it better be good and windy to cover the noise you will make.

Drewski