Thread: Dodge vs Ford
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 08:29 AM

Thats a great video . I would have to say the older Dodge trucks were hard to beat back then. When I went truck shopping in 1980 for a short box regular cab, 4x4 ,dodge had the best drive train. Ford had a nice ford 9 inch rear end but thats about it . Just did not like all the pollution stuff under the hood . Air cans ,air pumps you name it ,they had a lot under the hood that could go wrong . The old Chevs looked good but where not tough ,frame wise anyways. We found this out when about 4 of use went 4 wheeling to Twilliger park in Edmonton when it was a motorbike park . They had a dirt pile in the middle of the field about 2 stores high . We had to! Drove up the steep side full blast to make it up and your truck would cannon ball off the top and all 4 wheels would be 2 -3 feet off the ground. i had the dodge ,buddy had ford then a chev ,and one had one of of those 1/2 tons jeeps that came out in the 80s . We had fun . We each maybe tried it about 3 times each. Next following weekend we got together to find out my dodge was the only one that was still road worthy . Most of them bent the frames and a few of them damaged the front end steering. I drove that dodge 10 more years after that Can't believe sold it .
I sold it because in 1980 it costed me only $20 to fill and in 1990 it costed me $40 to fill . Lol ! Ended up getting a diesel 4x4 after that with a long box which was good for hauling a truck camper . Went threw 3 chevy diesel trucks .
Now I'm driving a gas HD3500 Gmc that takes $180. to fill

Last edited by -JR-; 04-24-2024 at 08:36 AM.