Thread: Snows..
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Frank and I played wack'em and stack'em this morning, we were on the Sask side so 20 bird per day limit, what a sweet morning, we had 38 on the ground and finished the limit with a nice pair of blue's, 1 each.

The easiest set up we have ever had, the farmer had been feeding green feed in the pasture all winter, lot's of grain on the ground, a couple small puddles for water, stood Franks solo blind up in front of a bale, threw the chairs and guns in it, put out 9 decoys by 1 puddle and 3 more behind us at a second small puddle, I think the total set up time was like 10 minutes, sitting sipping a coffee at 05:30 this morning, about 05:45 the first ones showed up and the fun began.

Attachment 190046
What an amazing morning for a pair of old grey haired trap and skeet shooters.

We were one bird shy of our limit being 25% Blues!

There is nothing like being where they want to be in a small pasture with loafing water!

We closed out our morning and possibly our season with 30 Snows, 9 Blues and 1 Ross as I received the call while hunting to watch my email for my flight itinerary for turnaround at Horizon so this just may be the last kick at the can this spring. If so what a great way to finish the 2024 Spring Snow Season!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1143.jpg (162.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1149.jpg (134.4 KB, 63 views)