View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
$1100 to install is crazy high if he was just hooking up a heater like the old one.
Some of these guys like to make a simple installation as complicated as building a piano.
Oh what if your oven was turned on and all your stove top burners as well as your furnace and gas dryer at the same time? Not up to code better replace everything for more gas volume. Or your existing gas lines are not up to new code because they changed the code 4 years ago so you might as well replace a bunch of pipe. Even the pressure test only needs to be soapy water. I think your installer is in business to make as much money as they can. How long did it take him? Or does he just charge what he thinks the job is worth? I would learn to do stuff myself before I would mess with these guys
People work hard to get a ticket. Companies are responsible to comply to code.

If you don't have enough volume to run every gas appliance in your house than you are contrary to code. The gas fitter and his company can not legally install your water tank.

Do you think people should break the law and risk their business because your home is not up to code?