View Single Post
Old 05-11-2024, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewalt18 View Post
This is what you’re going to be offended about today? Journey PERSON is what it should say. Mine says journeyman, is what it is. I can honestly say after 25 years in the trades I’ve had more female apprentices stand out and shine than “men”. Perhaps it’s because they feel the need to “break stereotypes” and stand out?

If he’s embarrassed because his ticket looks different than the others on the wall, maybe remind him that his is the most valuable out of any of them, because it’s the newest and holds the most potential.
What's wrong with journeyman? Journeyman is already gender neutral...if you subscribe to the science that there are but two genders. Journey person is just arguing a point that isn't even valid. A woman can be a journeyman can be a woman but it doesn't sound like your getting it The man at the end of journey is just a suffix that denotes a person not a gender. But of course historical revisionism is at play, changing the meaning of words to suit agendas. Should the word "woman" be removed from dictionaries or disdained as some form patriarchal domination?

Rex could explain this better than any of us.