Thread: Immigration
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2024, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
Hmmmm.

I have many "immigrant" friends and family(inlaws) that came to this country decades ago. They cleared land, worked hard to get ahead, never pushed any agendas/religions, and are absolutely great people!

They were/are happy to be here and contribute(d).

Wonder why they didn't/don't get similar perks as noted in the article I pasted?

And I will not get into what is going on today. Absolutely makes me sick.

https://torontosun.com/news/national...ebsite%20reads.
I don't know if it's still on the wall at the Telus world of science but someone saved a government poster encouraging European and eastern European people to come to western Canada for the wide open prime farmland and ready made homes on site. all the government wanted was eager(gullible) peasants to open up the land and grow wheat. most, if not all of them expected paradise, what they got was mosquitos, muskeg, really cold winters, and land that had to be cleared of trees and rocks before it was suitable to grow crops. most stayed because the promise of free land was a dream for them, but I wonder how many just walked away after seeing their "model farm". fast forward to today and I have watched some news reporters interviewing new immigrants who are ready to leave Canada because the reality doesn't match the dream anymore. moral of the story is politicians and bureaucrats will exploit anyone, anytime for personal gain.