View Single Post
Old 05-25-2024, 10:58 PM

Next up was the start of our palegic season off the local. I took the boys and we had a tough go with the marlin but managed a few other fish

Then the QGFA and our local club put on a junior tournament. I entered the boys and we had a great day with perfect weather.

The final count

Of those 30 fish we tagged 15 of them and killed the only 3 killed in the tournament. So 18 of 33 fish across the fleet of 23 boats and 50ish contestants were landed on my boat. Naturally the boys took the inaugural trophy and about $700 in gift certificates.

On the boat the eldest was wearing this shirt

Once they realised we won the tournament they kindly requested he remove that shirt. Seems being beat by a small trailer boat with some Canadians hurt some pride.

Next up the GFAA trophies I alluded to arrived and they presented them in the monthly meeting by a GFAA executive

He won state champ small fry for capture and tag/release in 22/23 season.

Nolan was also presented with the first shirt given to a junior from the GFAA for tagging a fish.

Pierce was given one a few weeks later

Then we took momma bear and the little one fishing and Nolan showed them how to do it.

Then the missus showed him she knew.

The little one drove us over some bait schools where we loaded up the bait tank with livies.