View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
So Rich you figure that them small rams are pushed out of the parks during Aug. Sept. and first part of Oct. by the older rams? Nice try them rams all hang together at this time of year. as far as rams pushing other rams out of the parks is a new theory to me. rams usually leave the parks due to 1. weather and 2. the rut.

And as far as you saying that Big rams dont travel out side of parks other than the rut? Hmm thats funny as my Dad shot a 181" ram in Sept. that came out of the park due to weather. And the 2 rams that I helped get my cousin and uncle that are both 175+ and both came out of the park due to weather.

Rams due migrate out of the parks but that has no bearing on the topic being discussed! Im talking about the sheep that never migrate in or out of the parks. Alot of young sheep that are shot every year never have been in a park. And with your wealth of knowledge you shoud know that. But many of these rams will never reach the point of maturity so that the are a breeding ram!
I realize that simple minds look for simple solutions but other than your obvious bias toward guiding and nonresident opportunities, even you have to have sat down and done the math on numbers of tags bought and hunter success rates. Just how many years do you suppose it would take before the success rate dropped? It would have to drop in order for there to be this increase in trophy rams you are projecting. When you figure out how many years it would take for the drop to occur (20 - 30 years who knows?) that is how long a person should have to wait after shooting a ram for the system to work. Even then it would constantly being skewed by new hunters entering the system. So how is this going to work?