View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
Because as soon as somebody sees somebody else on the ice, people assume that it is bad and that they will obviously fall in...even if there is 18" of ice on the reservoir. And we have to respond...every time.

The public equates ice with a catastrophe because that is definitely true on the Bow in the winter. We don't want anyone on the Bow at all in the winter because of the unstable ice conditions.

Christine...I'm not sure how to take that comment. Are you referring to CFD? If so, I assure you...we have plenty to do and we only go out if you call. So you might want to clarify.

I have read the city bylaw pertaining to Glenmore res. and I do not see any prohibition on ice fishing. Where did you read/hear that? I have seen other posts on this forum and other forums stating such, but I haven't seen hard proof of that. I am going to check with the city.
I see nothing in the regs either about ice fishing either , I thought there used to be no ice fishing there but maybe thats changed regs say open all year