View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 AM

Well I think if you sift through some of this we are getting closer.

I think SH said this

Identify the problem first and then come up with creative solutions.

And Setterman has isolated the problem...

[QUOTE=Setterman;508511]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindalbakken View Post

Excellent point Vin, let's examine what is really going on here. There are two special interest groups 1) APOS and 2) FNAWS (linked to APOS) that are pushing very hard to restict resident hunters. It seems to me that this entire issue is not about sheep but about getting competition off the mountain. I am not against APOS but i am against any special interest group that is trying to restrict my hunting rights so that their clients who are non resident have a better oppurtunity to harvest a ram while they line their pockets with more money.

Yes we can improve sheep numbers and quality by reducing predation and increasing habitat but that is not what is being proposed by the government. They are trying to restrict resident hunter oppurtunities and they have not shown that there is in fact a problem.

Keep it going boys!! Cheers SM
Now I've been in touch with a knowledgeable person on the topic as well and he has confirmed Setterman's quote. The solution then would be to force SRD to come up with the numbers, make them honor the Management Plan that has contigencies for these types of concerns and restore the balance of allocations and resident demands as they should be.

Keep the politics and the commercialization out of the equation and I think we will have a decent solution.