Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
What part do you think that I dont understand? That a ram that is turned down at 5 1/2 wont make 8? Rams are surviving is harsher climates in northern alberta to make legal and with just as much oppertunity as anywhere so im sure in as you guys stated in the chinook belt this should be able to be acheived at a higher level.
There will be less rams available to hunters if you wait till they are older to harvest them. Do you understand compensatory vs. additive mortality?
Quote:
Or is it the part where you said I wanted to put punitive restrictions on hunting? I simply figure that a wait period is way better that a draw or lifetime number restriction.
You don't understand that they are all punitive.
Quote:
Maybe the part where you state that older rams are there as some are killed every year? Sure there is but Its possible to increase this number and lower the younger ram harvest.
You don't understand there is no way to accomplish this without compromising resident hunter opportunity.
Quote:
Tell me which part i missunderstood .
All of it? You followed up my post with much chest beating and proclamations of "I am right" when the post clearly illustrated where and how you were wrong.
I will admit though that you are right when you say that 8 year old rams will have bigger horns than 4 year old rams in the same region. (or did you say that?)

Last edited by Vindalbakken; 02-13-2010 at 10:02 PM.