Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
dont you guys see that everyone here is right? sg, you want older rams for every place in the province. you have shown evidence to say that they can come from all places in alberta where sheep live. tj, you want higher scoring rams. you have said sheep average bigger in the south. that is proven as the rams killed in the south are on average younger and killed as soon as they are legal. they die at 4 or 5 where wilmore rams in particular arent legal until 7. the high number of rams that come from wilmore, and are 7 shows that plenty of rams will live that long. if they didnt suffer accute lead poisoning the moment they become legal they would live longer yet. that was the topic of this discussion from the get go. how to put bigger more mature sheep on the mountain. it is unanimous that the only proven way to do this is to stop killing small young rams which means a draw. it seems that the majority does not want to give up any opportunity to make it happen. hagar, you think increase education would help stop short sheep from being killed. you are likely right too, but it seems to be agreed that the penalty for a mistake would be equally effective. vin, you kinda took a little of each of these points and backed up your statements. you are right too. each view here has a slightly different angle, but they are pretty well all valid, so i dont get the hostility???? the only exception here is 209. in 3 threads now regarding sheep, you have yet to bring up any new ideas. you continually slam everyone here for any suggestion or comment and run like thunder from any direct question. and lately, the name calling has begun....slyly and indirect, but i think "moronic " was the word. really dude?
For all your careful reading you miss a lot, or are just biased. You think modeling a program after the BC one is brilliant? No it would be stupid.
The course which started as way to enlighten hunters to kill only older rams has now morphed into length judging and conservation. In my day I've seen enough politicians run programs with hidden agendas to see this one coming for a mile.
bambi I've said continually and this the part you like to skip, show me a problem and I'll give you an opinion.
That aside I know and this has been proven everywhere that predator and habitat management would very successfully improve the sheep herd, whether it needs it or not. No dangerous and expensive experiments, no hidden agendas just straight forward proven common sense. Are you against predator and habitat management?
Now bambi any part of that you don't understand? Would you like me to repeat any of it? I've been saying predator and habitat management for a long time, it is only the flaky ideas put forward that manage hunters and further restrict our freedoms that I'm against.
Capish?