Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLH View Post
I guess I disagree with the way you add up the harvest when you limit hunting numbers you might be right but the other way of looking at it is this way and this is what SRD is looking at when they suggest wait times.

7%/year x 5 = 35 %. I know some will take friends some new ones show up whatever, the reality is there are less hunters. If there are 180 rams harvested/ year with 7% less hunters even 2% less harvested means 4 left behind. If you multilpy that by 5 it becomes 20. It doesn't seem like much but if you add these numbers over time it does make a difference. That is just about one extra ram per zone per year.

Now if you extend that to real numbers 35% less hunters to 35% less harvested (I don't even believe these numbers just being thourough) that means 60 extra rams 2 per zone.

Which is right???

You are adding in the non-resident numbers...we are talking resident harvest. The 5-year wait would have little impact on non-resident harvest. You are assuming that those successful hunters kill a ram at every opportunity. They don't.