Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 05:52 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
I think TJ what most guys are going with on these waits and other suggestions is that more sheep on the hill are needed. Part by personal sightings dropping and part by just wanting impovment.

No one here is wanting to just roll over but are willing to work with change to get improvment.
Just because there isnt a huge problem doesnt mean things cant be improved on.
No one wants anything restrictive but its comng one way or the other(im sure you can see that)and some guys just wanna figure out the best way without a bunch of restrictions.
And no one has said the wait is the best option but it is an option non the less.
SG
So what if the suggestion was to prevent access to the backcountry with quads or horses? It would likely only hurt a few guys' feelings and the impact on improving sheep quality would be considerable? Far more than a Five-year wait. Would that be better than nothing?

Why is something coming? Who has said it is? And if there is, what is that something supposed to fix? I fail to see how you can figure anything out without knowing what's broken. The five-year wait resolution said the only thing broken was that some guys couldn't kill rams because other guys were better at it than them. Is that what you a suggesting we should fix? Or perhaps you agree with the e-mail I posted that "average" Albertans are just a hinderance to serious sheep hunters. Maybe we should fix that. Come on Darcy...you're a bright guy......demand an explaination rather than rolling over and playing dead. Or helping them kill you.........

Last edited by sheephunter; 02-16-2010 at 06:18 PM.