Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=sheephunter;512755][QUOTE=sheepguide;512747]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post

So you fought hard in areas you hunted because you didn't want opportunity taken away from you even though there waas evidence that the population could not withstand a general season. Why on earth would you do that? It couldn't hurt could it?

All of the other species were put on draw because of concern over population numbers. There was a sound management reason. I've seen no indication from SRD that sheep numbers are in peril from hunters.. If I do, I'd join your crusade to reduce the harvest. I won't do it because "it can't hurt."
I faught elk and stuff in the mountain zones because they said there is a population problem. How does limiting the number of bulls increase the population? And then they put out some years over a hundred bull tags. How does that help. Look at most mountain zones now... no increase. In most it was a steady decline still. The hunters dont kill the cows in the zones I hunt, if the population was there reason then predators should have been number 1. Just like everyone said here about sheep.

I feel the population of sheep could be better but options im supporting on this thread is for a more mature bunch of Rams if I was going hard for a larger population id be trying to go with what is killing your reproducing animals(ewes).
SG