View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 12:50 PM

The provincial park is extremely beautiful with lots of trees. Getting around the water can be quite difficult with all the traffic. The north shore (Mulhurst Bay) has a very beautiful campground called (Hilah Ayers). Very large campground that has been growing in size over the last few years. This campground has the option of being more secluded in treed area or large open fields for fifth wheels and the such. You should book early if you can because the sites are scooped up quite quickly. They have a great boat launch area and just west of it by a hundred meters is a dock people use to fish from, this area has been known to get quite shallow but my sister in law caught a 14.5 lb pike as she was heading out from the dock, not 15 meters from it. Lucky I would say since I haven't seen another one like it from that area. In may though you just might find the odd lunker sunning itself in shallower waters. Muhurst bay is a great bay full of nice fish. Good luck. Oh and I've never been there on a may long weekend so don't know the tolerance level for partying youth.