View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 01:20 AM
Banned

did you even read the post? i owned a xbow 20 years ago and found it comparable to compounds of the time. i did some shooting with another a year and a half ago and again found it comparable to compounds of the time. lets use your numbers. 325 feet per second with a 500 grain projectile. my current bow shoots 310 with a 370 grain projectile. what do you reckon the arc of the arrow/bolt looks like? kinetic energy is ZERO on your target if you cant hit it. i believe you could sight in a xbow for 60 and have someone pop a balloon. i know if you did that you wouldnt hit anything at 40, 30 or any other range. why....because its a bow. the ARC of the arrow is the root of the word ARCHERY.
so then you're mad because i prefer vertical archery but i am not selfishly trying to exclude another form of archery. as a matter of fact i am standing up for archery in all its forms. i like traditional guys too.
do i need to highlight it for you...i stated many times i am no crossbow expert...i simply have some experience and am unbiased in my views.
finally...really???? i got a pm about you???? i have more friends than you??? sorry, im done in this one.....yer just getting childish now! cya in the next topic.