View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
So Stinky, are you willing to not only share your hunting spots with Bow hunters, but also all the new Xbow hunters that would be out getting permission at the same places you hunt? The average person who see's a gut shot deer with a Xbow arrow hanging out of it will only claim a bow hunter did it, and permission will be harder again for bow hunters.
i've said it a million times (and i'm right, of course)....its 99% hunter, 1% tool, give a killing machine whatever tool and he's still a killing machine....you know what i'm talking about here, the tool has eff all to do with it, as demonstrated by the places that have let it in and monitored its effectiveness compared to a crossbow....basically the same and most definitely a 'bow'....whats different is one tool lets just about anyone legal to purchase a wildlife certificate and some tags play in the same game we get to enjoy so much....thats what i dig the most and i believe is most beneficial

and do the gun hunters share their spots in 312 lol....yeah right....again, there is 100X more to hunting than the tool....thats just the last and final thing you use to put the animals down....after 1000 other things you did right, including having the skill/courage etc. to go talk to people and find permissions, the skill in learning where to put up the treestands/blinds, the skill in knowing when to hunt those stands only when the wind is right....the skill in controlling buck fever when the game is closing in blah blah blah....killing em with a crossbow or a compound when everything else is done right is basically a 1% difference....according to any stats i've found...

so i'll share hunting spots as much as any other tool user

and without checking to see who made the comments on percent of hunters afield....and trying to keep them small so nothing goes on draw....i'm sorry but if we can actually increase bowhunting numbers that much then its all win win in my book....that would be awesome to what you think would be a trajedy....more bowhunters, less gun hunters i say