View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
go check out the main thread in the hunting discussion. i think a lot of guys are getting tired of the same old arguments and have chosen to quit talking about it. the facts show a virtuallly identical success rate for hunters using them, and the facts show effective ranges to be nearly identical. everything else is just emotion and opinion. no matter what happens with this issue, i will continue to use the vertical bow and i am willing to share.
To me it's not just about effective range and success rate. The demographic of crossbow hunters different than bow hunters. The only people I know personally who would buy a crossbow if they are allowed in bow season are rifle only hunters. These same people wouldn't think of getting one now, even though they're allowed throughout the general season.

Now I admire those who bowhunt with compound and trad gear, but I can't say the same for some I know who will hunt bow season if crossbows are allowed, they are only opportunists looking for an easy way to hunt bow season without having the dedication it takes for those who hunt it now with vertical bows.