View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
actually its not more clear. are you saying that mule deer numbers in the south are poor because some group of hunters wanted it that way? mule deer numbers do suck for sure along the border zones largely because of the cwd issue, not because anyone wanted to kill them. and that from what i hear is going to get much worse in the near future. the mule deer hunting as far as big bucks go near medicine hat has been poor for quite a while. before the draws began in...88 ithink it was, nule deer huntng around hre was terrible. it was a treat to see a buck with 3 points, but on opening day, his life expectancy was pretty well shorter than you can hold your breath. then the draws came along and hunter opportunity was decreased and antler size increased....a lot. alberta never did seem to catch up to saskatchewan in producing truly outstanding bucks, but to see big mature bucks was fairly common. then by about 96ish, tag numbers took a drastic jump up and antler quality took a big jump down. in a lot of the zones here for a few years now being drawn with a P0 is regular. the local biologist here is a meat hunter and thinks trophy hunting is just wrong. our mule deer locally will not improve as long as that guy is setting tag numbers. i can assure you he has been thoroughly grilled and raked over the coals for his decisions, but he isnt changing his stance. its why i havent hunted mule deer locally for 10 years, and wont until something changes. im not sure who you think asked for the current situation.
as for the paid hunting situation, i have never heard any hunter asking for it, and in fact i have only heard pleas from hunters to eliminate that nonsense before it spreads. same with a draw cap. i havent heard a single hunter asking for that. changes to mathematically impossible draws yes, but not a Pcap.
Not hunters it is landowners to lower numbers and people that work for srd or is in bed with them.More tags more$$$$ It has nothing to do about use it is turnig in to abusiness for them and not the animals.Also before you finished righting I did edit that cwd hunts and number were to blame as well.But that was a waste. The americans delt with the samething 15 yaers ago and said it did nothing to slaughter animals but $10 x all the hunters =lots of$$$$$$$.just like extra bow permits, tags.