View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Miskosky View Post
All I know is I've shot hundreds of arrows out of my crossbow and I certainly wouldn't stand up here and tell somebody I could do that consistantly. In a controlled environment, maybe. But then again I sat in the bleachers a couple of years ago at the Mother of All Shoots and watched guys with their compounds make some incredibly long shots look pretty darn easy.
Long shots with a bow do become "easier" with practice. Most bowhunters i know shoot all year long. Some even everyday. I have a range at my place and my buddys and i are out everyday. As i'm sure you know the more you shoot the more steady you become and the holding of the draw weight (in my case 72 lbs) becomes easier.

All i'm saying is with a crossbow the shooter is not fiighting the draw weight and holding it. Plus, a Crossbow is way more steady with its shouldered stock then holding out an arm and holding something up. That just a fact isnt it?

So, with that being said, with practice what do you think is easier to master? A bow or a Crossbow? If there is not a distinct agvantage in using a crossbow then why are so many rifle hunters that have never bowhunted ready to pick up a crossbow and start hunting? I personally think it's because its a tool they are used to from rifle hunting and i also believe "they" think its easier to master as well. Of course they would never admit it. Otherwise, instead of complaining for years about bowhunters having a longer season why wouldnt they have picked up a bow?