View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
And all those guys you witnessed make those shots there Rob, I can guarentee shoot a min, of 2-3 hours a day , 7 days a week. Some being pro staff and have too, some are just trying to break on to the seen and get a shot at being pro staff......

Do you think the same level of dedication will come out of Xbow hunters??

How often do you shoot your Xbow Rob? Share some expirence with us, How long do you practice? and How many big game animals have you harvested.

I've been waiting to hear from someone with more than one encounter with an Xbow.

Thx
Potty I think you have have to admit that many of the Verticle bow Hunters are not practicing nearly enough either.

I'm a member of an archery club and I see the same few guys there during the offseason. Sure it picks up a bit around the beginning of the bow season which suggests to me these guys are getting to the range once maybe twice before the start of the season. Now either these guys are unethical hunters or these guys can maintain their shooting ability in a couple of sessions. Plus, shooting twice a year these sessions are unlikely to last long or will the shooting be all the accurate as they extend.

I shoot about 2-3 times a week 8 months a year but that's because I enjoy it. Many guys either don't enjoy it or don't have time for such a committment.

Another point I wanted to make is it seems to me some are suggesting that a Xbow is going to attract unethical or illegal hunting. If you are an unethical or illegal hunter you could care less what you have in you had. I will not be buying a Xbow as I enjoy shooting my bow to much but if I did own a Xbow I am not more likely to shoot from the truck. We need to report and prosecute illegal hunters no matter what tool they are using.

Sorry I told you I didn't have the will to argue this anymore but this one has gone on for too long for me to hold out any longer.

Doodle