View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 PM

I have to get in a little on this. Now I didn't read every post in this thread but I am kind of caught in the middle as far as yay or nay for xbows. e.g. I am originally from Ont. where xbows are legal durring the archery season. My father who has used a bow for over 30yrs had developed a catarax(unsure of spelling) in his dominate eye. It wasn't bad enough to operate on and got worse gradually. He learned how to ignore the multi sights he saw and knew which pin was real. He hated xbows,as that also rubbed off on me. I finally could go moose hunting but his eye was bad. So I convinced him to get an xbow. We got to go moose hunting together it was great, he took all the time to practice just like a bow and he used a pin sight instead of scope. He also learned why the xbow was so popular to guys that we considered "lazy". He got his eye fixed and is back to the bow now.
I worked in an archery shop, we sold tonnes of xbows. I have shot, set up and sold a lot. It made me furrious when some city slicker would call the store at 5pm, we closed at 6pm, and say he would be there in a 1/2 hr he wanted a xbow pkg sighted in so he could go hunting in the morn. I did my best to try and tell him he needed to shoot it and practice a bit, nope it will be good enough they would say. The boss only looked at the $, I wasn't the boss!
So, for the fact that we all get older and may someday need to use one is why I am for the season, but I still know there are alot of negatives along with it.
So what to do?