View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have never had a Ballistic Tip fail,then again,I haven't had a TSX or TTSX fail either.My point is that I judge bullets by the results that I see for myself,not by the many stories that I am told.I have heard of many instances where bullets were blamed when animals ran off after supposedly being shot properly.Well guess what,those animals that I helped track and recover were not hit properly after all.It is much easier to blame poor bullet performance than to accept that the shooter did not do his job properly.
Agreed, and as I did in the thread that I had started back then, I'll admit to being partially to blame for not doing my homework. But I believe it was Dick that had posted a picture of cross-sectioned bullets where you could clearly see the thin walled jacket in the .277 cals as compared to a much thicker wall in the .284 bullets. Nosler was being critized for the .284 bullets not knocking the 500 yard rams so they thickened the jacket but apparently ignored doing so in the .277 cals, thus a much more frangible bullet than desirable.