View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
As I quoted, guys like you read and believe everything or have a mind set.
I was already accused of not having actually killed big game animals and basing my opinions on theory and not experience.I posted pictures with some of my kills to prove that I do have some experience on the topic.

Quote:
However, think of this for energy and where distance plays a factor. A 30-06 just fired a 200 grain bullet, the energy of the bullet is not equal at 100 yards as it is at 200 yards. Diameter plays a roll as well.
Obviously,you don't understand the definition of energy.It is a simple calculation that does not use bullet diameter or distance.It is basically a calculation of mass and impact velocity.

Quote:
Formula used:
Energy = .5 * weight * velocity^2 / 7000 / 32.175

Where weight is in grains, and velocity is in feet/second.

7000 is grains per pound, and 32.175 is acceleration due to gravity.

It can be re-written:
Energy = weight * velocity^2 / 450450
Now would you care to demonstrate where distance or bullet diameter appear in the equation?

Quote:
Now be a little open minded instead of having a mind set on whatever text you read.
I am open minded,but the equation for calculating kinetic energy is the same regardless of what text it is written in.It is basic physics that most people should be able to comprehend.

Perhaps you should either learn the definition of kinetic energy,or start using different terminology in your feeble attempts to prove your point.

Quote:
You haven't read between my lines, nor am I going to paint by numbers for you.
Thank you for sparing us from that.