View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
If you make them full curl it will put a ton of pressure on other zones especially for the first few years till the sheep grow a bit. Nobody will want to hunt there for a while and in the meantime it will put a ton of pressure on other areas.
One thing I did also learn on my trip to Redcap and to the mine in Cadamin is that those reall old big rams a ton of them never make it to full curl. I was quite surprised at it really. And the ones that were full curl I will admit I would have a way harder time trying to judge a full curl ram vs a 4/5 and would expect a lot of rams to get shot that did not make full curl becasue it is tough to see. Seems harder than 4/5 anyways for me but maybe that is because I have had a lot of experience with the 4/5 and not the full curl zone stuff.
I guess it would boil down to how many hunters are in there now. Draw or full curl would both push hunters out of the zone, for full curl maybe only for a few years a draw could last forever. I know that they say the further north you go you get fewer full curls but I wonder what the break down is in those herds that would be affected?