View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick. View Post
I think Cdn. Tire has an Abu Garcia spin cast combo for 60% off right now. I haven't seen it but I have many Abu reels and rods and I'm very happy with them. Some of my reels are over 30 years and have never broke down. I'm harder on rods. Rick.
I had a look at those while today while I was picking up some paint, IMO the reels looked a bit small to spool 10lb mono on. My wife has a Mitchell Advocette reel which we tryed to spool 10 lb line on, stored in tight little wraps on that small spool the line litteraly exploded off the reel in big tangles about every 3rd cast. We got her a Sidestab 4000 and that solved the problem. My Pfleuger is about the same size as the shimano 4000 series reels, admitedly its a bit bigger than is needed for 6lb line but the added size is a much smaller inconveniance than the trouble you can have trying to run heavyer mono on a reel that is to small. For those who like the superbraids this may not be an issue but I dont like using braided line on my spinning rods. Somthing to think about.