View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 AM

If it wasn't for this forum, and some of the members on it, there is a good chance I would not be fishing. I joined this forum for hunting info. simply because I am a new hunter and thought this would be a great place to learn.
Shortly after joining, I got to meet some great people. These people took me out fishing, showed me what to do and what to use, gave me tips on where to go and what to look for. For that I am very grateful. Heck even my first ice rod was DONATED to me!!!!! (thanks Mish) and that got me hooked.
I dont go to new lakes very often as I have three kids and there is a good chance one comes with me. When I fish with my kids, I like to make sure that we can get somewhere, get setup and have them catching fish as fast as possible, that is what is going to help make them more concious about our resources. If we drive for hours looking for a lake, only to find out that it is dead or just a slough, they are going to not want to go, then in turn may not care about the resources that this province has to offer them and possibly not learn how to care for said resources.
So for the users of this forum to start removing lakes to go to, and what is possible of being caught in said lake, does not help anyone. Just because a lake is posted on THIS forum does not mean it is going to become crowded and killed. It means that MAYBE someone is going to find a new spot for them to fish in, and maybe they will be able to catch something different than what they were used to.
OH and yes, I was shown places to fish, and I have shown some new people places to fish. what comes around goes around.

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!

Last edited by FishBrain; 04-27-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Cause I hate typing, I dont make sense, I hope it does now lol