View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Fishingnutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter49 View Post
I know where he was as I had the misfortune of finding the bigger of the bull trout dead later that evening. I cant be 100% sure, but anybody who knows of spots around Calgary with big bull trout can basically pin it down to one spot that is open right now.

Now I have to ask, was it worth it to kill a big bull trout to brag to people you dont know on here? Clearly you wont be framing that picture as it looks like crap.

Anyways, take care...of the next fish you release.
I don't think jace goes fishin to brag to us,, and i'm not sure we're really strangers anymore due jaces' sincere expression within his posts and his grand luck as of late.

Last year at Davis Bay, B.C,,, a young guy shows up with a flyrod, a few conversations here & there with us locals and we discover that flyfishing intrigued him so much that he recently took lessons and was about to flyfish and fish for the first time in his life,, we all gave him tips and SPACE as his casting was a tad wide at times. He was the first to catch,, an 8lb pink on 4lb leader, took him all over the place to many cheers. As he's unhooking it, this fellow walks up to him and starts really going verbal on the way he's handling the fish and then demands he release it immediately. Good on the young guy for telling buddy to go blankety blank himself as he was planning on eating the first fish he caught. The funny thing about this particular fellow, he's the type of fisherman who upon noticing that you're catching fish comes over and starts casting right beside. creepers.

I guess you guys are out there.

Real Nice fish jace, cheers!!!!