View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Not really...there really isn't much in the form of legal importation requirements in our firearm laws. According to Canadian law, there's nothing preventing me from going down to the U.S. and buying a gun and bringing it home or having a buddy ship one up to me as long as I declare it at the border.
I am no expert on the topic,but the person that does import firearms for me from the USA, explained that documentation was required to legally import a firearm into Canada,and that the documentation could not be completed until the Export permit was obtained from the US authorities.

Quote:
As for them matching the serial numbers up I would be surprised if the U.S would share their info with the Canadian side to find out if it was left here without the proper import papers. I don't know how they would track that info and I would imagine it would never get caught.
When an American brings a firearm into Canada to use on a hunt,he must fill out a declaration form with the Canadian authorities.As such,the Canadian authorities would already have the serial number of that gun without having to have the US authorities share any information.

The official regulations are below.:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...-eng.html#P008

Last edited by elkhunter11; 08-18-2010 at 11:11 AM.