View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post

Are you an actual NDP party member,or do you just vote for the NDP?Or are you just so gullible that you actually believe the propaganda that they are spouting about the registry?
Of course not. No have I said that not scrapping the legislation was what I believed in.

What I personally believe in is being well informed about an issue, recognizing majority opinion, then working an angle to promote the view of the special interest... in this case hunters & firearm owners.

So in this case, I recognize that it is extremely unlikely that the long gun registry will be removed. So I would rather focus energy at making it more palatable to the majority of Canadians as well as firearm owners. To me the chief goal would be to remove the "criminal" clause in legislation as it now stands.

Another example would be the whole grizzly bear debate. I think it would have been much better if hunters/AFGA etc. had focused their efforts on reinstating the hunt in the areas north of Grande Prairie. The study showed numbers have increased in that area, and potentially would had been a more achievable solution.

Compromise and diplomacy is modus operandi for modern soceity.... we can only achieve some of these goals through it.